Quality and Management of School Education Many of the ideas associated with TQM are now well developed in higher education and notions of quality assurance
Objectives of Course: To enable the student teacher to1.
Understand the concept of Management.
- concept of quality and enlist the dimensions of quality.
- need and importance of school accreditation.
- Acquire knowledge regarding the concept and process of Human Resource Management in school
- Get acquainted with the essential infrastructural resources for quality management.
- Identify the problems and its management in secondary and Higher secondary education.
- Become familiar with different types of school boards in India.
- administrative set up of Government and function of supportive authorities.
Ø Fundamentals of Management and Quality Management (1-Credit)
- Meaning and functions of Management
- Types of Management :
a) Time Management
b) Event Management
c) Class room management
- Modern Theories of Management
a) Henry Fayol b) Peter Ducker
- Concept of Quality management and SWOT Analysis.
- TQM in Education and school Accreditation Meaning, Need and criteria for School Accreditation.
Unit : II Managerial Practices : Human and Infrastructural Resources (1 Credit)
- Training and Development of Human Resource.
a) Pre-Service b) In-service
- Role and Qualities of Human Resource
a) Teacher B) Supervisor and Head Master c) Parents
- Leadership:- Concept , Styles and Types
- Essential infrastructural facilities in secondaryand higher secondary schools
- Quality Management of Infrastructural Resources.
a) Creation b) Maintenance c) Optimum Use
Unit : III Management of Various problems at Secondary and Higher Secondary Level.
- Wastage and stagnation
2 Crowded classes.
- Discipline problem in school
- Vocationalisation of Education
- Current issues and problems at Higher Secondary Level
Unit IV : Components of School Management and Administrative setup in Education.
- School Records- Types and its importance
- Co-curricular activities : Need and importance of organization of Co-curricular activities.
- Government administrative setup and authorities.
- Types of School Board:-
a) S.S.C. and H.S.C.
b) CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)
c) ICSE (International Certificate of Secondary Education)
d) IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education)
- Structure and functions of- NCERT, SCERT, NCTE,
Mode of Transaction: – Lectures, Discussion, Use of ICT, Field visits, Assignments, Seminar presentation.
Practical (Any One)
- Study of School Management- Management of Infrastructural resources in school.
- Organizationof any one Co-curricular activity in school and prepare a report on its
management and problems faced.
- Preparation of an awareness programme on various indiscipline problems faced in schools.